What Pakistani Law says about Child Marriage?
When it comes to Pakistani shadi, the practice of child marriage is commonly found in backward areas of Pakistan. According to UNICEF’s latest census, almost 21% of girls are found married before age of 18 and 3% before the age of 15. This statistic shows the prevalence of child marriage that has to stop now for controlling the devastating consequences. Pakistani Government has taken many steps to limit the prevalence of child marriages, so they have passed some practical Child marriage laws. Here, we discuss the implemented acts and laws to restrain child marriage. The best online shadi sites in Pakistan always consider the age of the candidate before finding the online rishta in Pakistan. Thus, online rishta seekers should know the important laws regarding Muslim marriage in Pakistan.
Driven factors of Child marriages in Pakistan:
Majorly, child marriage is practicing with the dogma that girls are the property of their male guardian, either father, brother, or husband. The practitioners mostly believe that marriage is the only way to protect the girl’s honor. The additional driven factors are as follows:
- Traditional norms: In rural areas and backward areas, traditional people follow the Watta Satta and Pait Likhi customs. Watta satta refers to the exchanging the brides and pait likhi refers to marrying the baby girl off before she is born. The educated people condemn these Pakistani shadi norms because these norms can lead to bad consequences for Pakistani brides.
- Gender dominance: In our male dominant society, some men consider themselves superior to women. They have the thought that if a girl marries late then she must have some flaws. Thus, the father wants to marry off their daughter as soon as possible. In this patriarchal society, girls are also shamed off if they could not find suitable rishta in their early teens.
- Cousin Marriage Trend: in Pakistan, many families prefer marrying off their daughter within their baradari. They fix the rishta of girls in their early teens. To limit this practice, the online matrimonial website enables the online rishta seeker to get a marriage proposal within their caste. Whether they want arain rishta, sheikh rishta, Rajput rishta, Syed rishta, Mughal rishta, or any other, they can get via the service of online shadi in Pakistan.
- Shariah Law: Many Pakistani Muslims interpret shariah law as permission to marry off the girls once they cross the age of puberty. Whatever the age of the girl will be, they believe their girls have to marry off for the honor protection. To tell the perfect girls’ age for marriage, many Pakistani laws have been passed by the Pakistan government. The online matchmaking website follows these laws to omit child marriage from the service of online shadi in Pakistan
Pakistani laws on Child Marriage:
Pakistani Government has banned child marriage under the child marriage restraint act 1929 that says that the minimum age for marriage is 18 years and 16 years for boys and girls respectively. Whoever finds contravened under this law, he has to pay the fine or get imprisonment, or both. The guilty people for this illegal practice will be the Pakistani Groom (who is marrying with a child), the host person (who holds the marriage), and a parent (who does not stop a child marriage). This act is applied to all Muslims and Non-Muslims living in Pakistan. However, it has been amended in 2018 to extend the minimum age limit for Pakistani shadi. The service of online shadi in Pakistan ensures that all available girl rishta or boy rishta is complying with child restraint laws.
- Child Marriage Restraint (Amendment) Bill, 2018:
In 2018, the Pakistani Senator, Sherry Rehman, asked for the amendments in the child marriage restraint act 1929. The prime modification of this bill is the age of marriage for female. According to Child Marriage Restraint (Amendment) Bill 2018, the legal age for girls’ marriage is 18 years. The major reason behind this amendment is that the girls are a bit immature at the age of 16. To carry on the new relation, she needs to be mature enough to understand her rights. If any person is found marrying a girl under 18 years, he will be punished under the child marriage laws.
- Convention on the Rights of the Child 1990:
Pakistan Government has also acquiesced with the Convention on the Rights of the child, in which it has been set that the minimum age for marriage is 18 years for any gender. This treaty has been designed to secure the rights of the child in our society. It is also ensuring peace, dignity, tolerance, freedom, and equality of men and women in all contexts.
- Convention on the Elimination of All Forms of Discrimination against Women (CEDAW) in 1996:
Under this convention, consent to marriage is essential at any age. Whether you are in your early 20s or late 30s, you have the right to take the decision of your marriage. Thus, it also applies to young girls who are forced to get married at a young age. Pakistan has also ratified this convention, so they are bound to comply with it. The websites for online shadi in Pakistan are obeying all laws while providing online rishta for girls and boys for marriage in Pakistan.
- Muslim Family Laws Ordinance 1961:
To stop the practice of child marriage in Pakistan, Muslim Family Laws Ordinance 1961 has also included the clause for legal age for marriage, i.e., The Child Marriage Restraint Act 1929. This act is discussed above with all details. The reason to mention it separately is to show that the Pakistani government has given importance to the age of the bride and groom for marriage while designing the ultimate Muslim Family Laws.
Our online shadi website in Pakistan ensures compliance with Pakistan laws on child marriage. We do not entertain the online rishta seeker under 18 years to prevent child marriage in Pakistan. If you are at your perfect marriage age, then feel free to contact us for perfect online shadi in Pakistan. Parents can rely on us to search for perfect Pakistani brides or Pakistani grooms for their sons or daughter. So, make the rishta profile now and seek the rishta for marriage with ease.